Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

Llanelli street closed following ‘unexploded bomb’ discovery

Published

on

A STREET in the New Dock area of town had been closed off following reports that an unexploded WW2 bomb has been found.

Police are on the scene at Trinity Terrace, which is closed from Trinity Road. It is thought that the device – believed to have fallen during one of the wartime bombing raids on the area – was uncovered as a result of construction work. The Bomb Disposal Squad are expected on the scene at around 12.30pm (Feb 5)

A Police spokesperson said: “Dyfed-Powys Police is at Trinity Road, Llanelli, following reports of a suspicious item, received at 9.18am today. Explosive Ordnance Disposal has been alerted and will attend the scene shortly. The road is closed between the mini roundabout and Trinity Terrace junction as a precaution, it is expected to be closed for a number of hours while the object is safely disposed.”

At 13:39 Police posted on social media: “Trinity Road, Llanelli, has now re-opened. It was closed this morning after a suspicious item was found during building work Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) has safely removed the item, an old metal shell, and confirmed there is no risk to the public. Around 20 houses were evacuated as a precaution – all can now safely return. Thank you for your cooperation.”

News

Police say ‘stop protecting’ murder suspect Steve Baxter

Published

on

JUST over two weeks ago Simon Clark, aged 54, was found dead at Grove Caravan Park in Pendine, Carmarthenshire.

Dyfed-Powys Police is continuing its manhunt for Steve Baxter, who is wanted on suspicion of Simon’s murder.

Baxter also known as Steve Tidy, Steve Rowley, Wayne Tidy or William Tidy, is aged 52, 5’5” (1.65cm) tall and has tattoos on his forearms – the name Chez and entwined circles on his left arm and a serpent on his right arm.

He has connections in the West Wales, South Wales, South West and North England areas of the UK.

Officers and staff are working round the clock to follow all possible lines of enquiry.

The independent charity Crimestoppers is also offering a reward of up to £5,000 for information leading to the arrest of Steve Baxter and he has been added to the Most Wanted section of their website. Information would be taken by the charity anonymously.

Detective Superintendent Huw Davies said: “It’s over two weeks since Simon Clark was murdered at Grove Caravan Park, Pendine.

“The manhunt for Steve Baxter is ongoing and I must stress to the public that officers and staff are working round the clock to investigate all possible lines of enquiry that could lead us to him.

“I urge anyone with information of Baxter’s whereabouts to come forward. If you do not want to speak to police directly, you can speak to the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously, which is also offering a reward of up to £5,000 for information leading to his arrest.

“Someone knows where he is or has been in the last two weeks. Please stop protecting him. Simon Clark’s family deserve to see all those involved in his death brought to justice.”

Four people have been charged in connection with the murder: Jeffrey Stephen Ward, aged 40, from Pendine, has been charged with murder; Linda Mary Rowley, aged 52, from Pendine, has been charged with assisting an offender (murder); Kirston Macklin, aged 52, from Newport, Gwent, has been charged with assisting an offender (murder) and Julie Louise Harris, aged 46, from Tonypandy, has been charged with assisting an offender (murder).

If you see Steve Baxter call Dyfed-Powys Police on 999. Do not approach him.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Steve Baxter call Dyfed-Powys Police on 101 immediately.

To pass on information anonymously, contact Crimestoppers 100 per cent anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through the non-traceable anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.

Continue Reading

News

Disruption to 999 calls in some parts of Carmarthenshire – mobiles unaffected

Published

on

POLICE have warned residents of distruption to 999 calls in parts of Carmarthenshire.

A police spokesperson said: “We’ve been notified by BT of a distruption to the 999 service in Laugharne, Llandeilo and Llanelli.

“If your number starts with 0199442, 01558822, 01558823, 01558824, 01558825, 01554785, 01554780 or 0155477, you may be affected.

“999’s from a mobile are unaffected.

“BT aims to have it restored by around 3.25pm on 16.10.18”

Continue Reading

News

Three charged with serious drug offences

Published

on

THREE people have been arrested and charged with supplying heroin, crack cocaine and a psychoactive substance in Llanelli.

Jeremy Andrew Pegler, aged 40, of Great Western Crescent, has been charged with four counts of supplying heroin and one count of supplying crack cocaine. He has been remanded in custody to appear at Llanelli Magistrates’ Court on October 26.

Eugene Junior Brannigan, aged 24, of HMP Oakwood, was charged with two counts of being concerned in the supply of heroin and crack cocaine and was remanded in custody to appear in Swansea Crown Court on October 26.

Daniel George Croft, aged 22, of Penrhiw Road in Morriston, was charged with possessing a psychoactive substance with intent to supply. He has been remanded in custody to appear in Swansea Crown Court on October 26.

 

Continue Reading

Trending

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK