Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

Multi agency recovery of missing man

Avatar

Published

on

Burry Port RNLI

A MULTI AGENCY recovery was launched on Tuesday (June 23) after a man missing from hospital was seen entering the water.

Dyfed-Powys Police confirmed they were alerted that a male had been reported missing from Prince Philip Hospital at approximately 4pm on Tuesday, June 23.

It was later reported to the police that a male had been seen entering the water from the rocks at the North Dock at around 7.15pm.

The coastguard, a lifeboat from Burry Port RNLI and police officers were called to assist with the operation.

The search involved the Cefn Sidan area, with the man finally located at the North Dock, Llanelli.

Due to the rocky terrain, the casualty was placed on a spinal board so the could be returned to the shore.

A spokesperson for Burry Port RNLI said: “”At 6.00pm we were tasked to assist Dyfed Powys Police in the search for a missing person, who was reported as being in the Pembrey/Cefn Sidan Beach area.

“Both lifeboats were launched and searched the area from Burry Port Harbour to the Cefn Sidan Beach Country Park entrance. When this area search was completed, both lifeboats began to make a search in the Burry Port to Llanelli area.

“The casualty was then sighted in the North Dock area, so both boats headed for Llanelli Beach, and on arrival assisted the Police, along with the CG teams, who had just located the casualty, and helped in returning him to safety on the shore.

“All units were stood down and returned to respective stations.”

A Dyfed-Powys Police spokesperson said “Shortly after 4pm on Tuesday police received a report of a missing man from Prince Philip Hospital.

“After an extensive search, at 7.15pm police received a report of the man entering the water from the rocks at North Dock

“Officers quickly made their way onto the rocks and rescued the man who was partially submerged.

“Officers were assisted by RNLI and Coastguard placing the man on a spinal board so he could be lifted over 20ft of rocky terrain to safety.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

25 apprenticeship in the construction industry on offer

Avatar

Published

on

Applications are still being taken for up to 25 paid apprenticeships through the Next Steps programme.

Now in its 11th year, Next Steps is open to men and women living in Carmarthenshire aged 16 and over who have an interest in obtaining qualifications in groundworks, carpentry, bricklaying, plastering, electrics, plumbing and painting and decorating. No previous experience is required.

Working in partnership, Carmarthenshire County Council, Lloyd & Gravell, TRJ, Coleg Sir Gar, CCTAL and CYFLE the Next Step Programme is looking for up to 25 people to become professionals of the future.

Successful candidates will have the opportunity to learn through a practical hands-on experience.

The programme has already changed the lives of countless local people – including people who have gone on to set up their own business and win national skills competitions, as well as children and adults with severe disabilities who have benefitted from community projects built by the Next Steps teams.

The successful candidates will commence a minimum two-year paid apprenticeship/training programme with Lloyd & Gravell Ltd, TRJ Ltd, CYFLE or Carmarthenshire County Council starting September 2020.

A basic knowledge of Welsh is required to accomplish this post. Support can be provided on appointment to reach this level. For further information and to download an application form visit https://recruitment.carmarthenshire.gov.uk/wrlive/pages/vacancy.jsf?latest=01007474

Deadline for entries is July 6.

For an informal discussion please contact Jason Jones – 07880 504117

Continue Reading

News

Advice for businesses re-opening

Avatar

Published

on

AS LOCKDOWN restrictions are expected to ease, businesses and building owners are reminded to check the maintenance of their premises as they re-open.

People who manage or own buildings are being asked to follow the latest advice from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health and the Health and Safety Executive (CIEH).

Particular attention should be paid to water systems not used during the lockdown to help minimise the risk from Legionella bacteria as they prepare to reopen following the lockdown period.

Legionnaires’ disease can be contracted by breathing in small droplets of water suspended in the air which contain Legionella bacteria. Symptoms include fever, a non-productive cough and pneumonia.

Prevention work includes flushing through cold water systems with fresh mains water as well as increasing the temperature of hot water systems to above 60°C if possible to achieve thermal disinfection of the hot water system.

This should be undertaken as part of a thorough risk assessment and may require other works to be done.

More information is also available from the Health and Safety Executive website.

The Food Standards Agency also has guidance for food businesses re-opening their operations. It includes information relating to food safety issues as well as COVID-19 expectations. The link is: https://www.food.gov.uk/business-guidance/reopening-checklist-for-food-businesses-during-covid-19

To confirm your business has taken the necessary measures and is operating in line with the Government guidelines click on:

https://goodtogo.visitbritain.com/your-business-good-to-go-wales
Continue Reading

News

M4 at Hendy: Spice worth £10,000 found in car

Avatar

Published

on

A LLANELLI man has been charged with possessing a class B drug with intent to supply after a car was stopped by police.

Dyfed-Powys Police officers found a bag containing over half a kilo of the substance spice when they stopped a car just off the M4 at Hendy.

The street value is estimated to be around £10,000.

Three men were arrested on suspicion of possessing class B drugs with intent to supply.

Jack Brennan, aged 21, of Railway Place, Llanelli, has been charged and appeared at Llanelli Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Tuesday, June 30).

He was remanded to appear at Swansea Crown Court on July 31.

Detective Inspector Wayne Bevan said: “A significant quantity of controlled drugs destined for Llanelli and the wider Carmarthenshire area has been seized during this operation.

“This is an excellent example of partnership working between departments to identify and stop the vehicle, and to prevent this drug from entering the supply chain.

“Our enquiries are continuing in respect of the other two people arrested, who have been released under investigation.”

Continue Reading

Trending

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK