Connect with us


Dafen earn big win over Steel



DAFEN’s Nicky Davies scored an unbeaten century as he helped his side to a seven-wicket win over Tata Steel on Saturday (May 25).

The Steel were earlier bowled out for 215 with Matthew Evans and David Dunfee amongst the wickets.

Matthew Evans and Davies then shared an excellent opening stand of 153 to set up the victory.

Evans claimed the first wicket of the game as he had Rohan Herbert caught by Daniel Vaughan.

Martin Lewis and Matthew Jones shared a good stand but Evans then trapped Lewis leg before on a score of 25.

Evans then also had Kelvin Bartle caught by Vaughan on a duck and soon after Jones was bowled by Phillip George on a score of 22.

That left Tata on 73-4 but Rhys Owen and Daniel Melindo batted well to take their side towards 200 runs.

Owen made 72 before he was caught by Gethin Long off the bowling of David Dunfee.

Scott Jones was ran out by Aman Gandhi before Dunfee had Matthew Saker caught by Jonathan Randell.

Dunfee then bowled Nathan Ferrell before also taking the wicket of Melindo who had scored 47.

Phillip George wrapped the innings up as he ran out David Jones and it meant Dafen would need 216 to win.

Matthew Evans and Nicky Davies were in no mood to hang about as they put on an excellent opening stand.

Evans hit ten fours as he scored 76 but Nathan Ferrell finally brought their partnership to an end when he had Evans caught by Richard Jones.

Davies had also reached his half century but then saw new partner Aman Gandhi head back to the pavilion after he was bowled by Ferrell.

Chris Davies was also run out by Rhys Owen as the Steel did their best to hit back but it wasn’t enough.

That wicket left Dafen on 193-3 with Davies on 96. He soon reached his century and went on to finish not out on 102 after hitting nine fours and two sixes.

Gethin Long was also not out on 15 as Dafen earned twenty points for the win which sees them move up to sixth place in Division 1.

On Saturday (Jun 1), they are away to Bronwydd.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Three in a row for Kidwelly



KIDWELLY Town earned their third straight win in Carmarthenhire League Division 1 on Saturday (Oct 16) as they came from behind to beat Tumble 4-1.

Tumble had lost their last three matches prior to Saturday’s game and it was they who took the lead when Garin Morris scored in the tenth minute.

Chris Cray equalised for Kidwelly and it remained 1-1 until half time.

Both sides knew the next goal would be crucial but it was the home side who got it as Rob Davis set up Alex Kay to score.

And just a minute later it was 3-1 as Connor Howells scored.

That all but won the game for the home side who made sure of the points in injury time as Kay fired in his second goal of the game from the penalty spot.

Their fourth win of the season sees them stay in eighth place but they are now only three points behind third placed FC Carmarthen.

On Saturday, October 23, Kidwelly travel to Llangennech who sit just a point and two places above them in the table.

Photo by Darren Harries

Continue Reading


Llangennech youth go top



LLANGENNECH Youth moved to the top of the South East Carmarthenshire league on Saturday (Oct 16) as they thrashed Ammanford 47-0.

The home side ran in seven tries, six of which were converted, as they earned a third bonus point win in a row.

Rhys Harris scored a hat trick of tries and Kyle North also crossed the whitewash twice.

There were also tries for Ryan Guard and Kallum Morgan as the home side ran out comfortable winners.

Cameron Mills scored four of the conversion while the other two were scored by Tyler Payne.

The win sees Llangennech leapfrog Ammanford into top spot.

Llangennech will look to keep hold of their 100% record on Saturday, October 23, when they travel to Brynamman.

Photo by Darren Harries

Continue Reading


Felinfoel thump Llandeilo



FELINFOEL continued their unbeaten start to the season as they thumped Llandeilo Town 8-1 on Saturday (Oct 16).

Jordan Badman opened the scoring for the home side after six minutes but their lead only lasted eight minutes.

Harri Morgan set up Will Garrard to score but Felinfoel were soon ahead once more.

Badman scored his second of the game midway through the half before Chris James made it 3-1 from the penalty spot.

Seven minutes into the second half Badman made it 4-1 as he completed his hat trick to all but end any hopes Llandeilo had of getting back into the game.

Tom Roberts scored three minutes later and four minutes after that it was six as Badman scored his fourth of the game.

Matthew Ellis scored with twenty minutes to go and the scoring was complete nine minutes from time as Lloyd Francis made it 8-1.

The win for Felinfoel is their ninth in ten games and maintains their unbeaten start to the season.

On Saturday, October 23, they will put their unbeaten run on the line again as they travel to fifth placed Pwll Athletic.

Photo by Darren Harries

Continue Reading