Connect with us


Felinfoel sink Swansea



FELINFOEL earned their sixth win of the season on Saturday (Jul 20) as they strolled to an eight-wicket win over Swansea Civil Service.

After winning the toss, Felinfoel elected to field which proved to be a good decision as they restricted Swansea to 141 all out.

Anthony Matthias made the breakthrough for Felinfoel as he had Benjamin Novis caught by Craig Richards.

Richards then bowled Damian Devonald on a score of 12 and wickets continued to fall.

Steve Porter was trapped leg before on a score of 19 by Matthias and Stuart Parmenter then bowled Adam Morris.

Philip Owen was caught and bowled by Julian Griffiths as Swansea were reduced to 63-5.

Dan Hardman and Thomas Milford then shared 35 runs for the sixth wicket. Hardman hit four fours and a six in his score of 33 but he was then bowled by Rhys Harries.

Harries then bowled Evan Davies for a duck before Richard Cleveland was bowled by Julian Griffiths.

Photo by Darren Harries

Griffiths then did the same to Joseph Stevens as Swansea fell to 115-9.

Their tail wagged however, as Milford and Dylan Bebb added another 26 runs to the total.

Bebb made 15 before he was caught by Harries off the bowling of Rohan Nangalia.

That left Swansea all out on 141 and Milford not out on 22.

Needing 142 to win, Felinfoel made an excellent start to their reply as Andrew Thomas and Craig Richards shared 95 runs for the first wicket.

Richards made a score of 34 but he was then bowled by Thomas Milford.

Thomas and Stuart Parmenter then brought the scores level before Joseph Stevens had Thomas caught by Damian Devonald on a score of 65.

Parmenter made his way to a score of 25 before Julian Griffiths hit a four to win the game for Felinfoel.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Gealey holds nerve to send Stars to victory



NEW DOCK STARS earned their first win of the season on Saturday (Jan 15) as they beat Bynea 29-30 in a thrilling encounter.

The Dock held a 20-12 lead at half time and were ahead going into the final stages.

Bynea thought they had won the game when a late score put them 29-27 in front.

However, the Stars hit back with time running out and Adam Gealey scored a penalty to win the game for his side.

That gave him a personal haul of 15 points having already scored with two penalties and three conversions.

Dylan Jones scored two tries for the visitors and Jordan Evans got the other.

Bynea’s George MacDonald scored a hat trick of tries and Finlay Cooke also crossed the whitewash once.

James Branson added three conversions and one penalty.

It was a thrilling encounter as both sides belied their positions at the foot of the table.

On Saturday, January 22, the Stars travel to Llandybie while Bynea host Betws.

Photo by Darren Harries

Continue Reading


Furnace seal second win



FURNACE UNITED earned their second win of the League 3 West B season on Saturday (Jan 15) as they beat Llandybie.

Daf Green scored for the Cherries with other tries coming from Joe Qualters-Jones, Myles Harries, Joe Pugh and Jonny Roberts.

Green was successful with three of five conversion attempts and he also added a penalty.

Furnace held a 13-5 lead at half time as Llandybie scored an unconverted try in each half.

Ioan Rees and Josh Watkins scored the tries for the visitors.

On Saturday, January 22, Furnace United travel to Llandeilo while Llandybie host New Dock Stars.

PHOTO by Darren Harries

Continue Reading


Saunders stars as Llangennech beat Gowerton



LLANGENNECH remain unbeaten in League 1 West after they won 33-16 away at Gowerton on Saturday (Jan 15).

Liam Hutchings put the visitors ahead with the first try of the game and Tom Neale added the extras.

Gowerton then got themselves on the scoreboard with a penalty but Llangennech were soon back on the attack.

Jordan Saunders was next to go over and Neale again added the extras.

Gowerton reduced the arrears once more with another penalty and the visitors held a 14-6 lead when the half time whistle went.

Gowerton scored another penalty early in the second half to keep themselves in the game.

However, Llangennech kept applying the pressure and they soon had their third try with Saunders going over for his second and Neale adding his third conversion to make it 21-9.

Saunders then completed his hat trick to also earn his side a bonus point.

Gowerton responded with a converted try to bring the score back to 16-26 but it was the visitors who had the last word.

Greg George scored their fifth try of the game and Neale converted to complete the scoring.

Saunders was named man of the match for his try hat trick and the win sees them move on to 25 points, six points above second placed Newcastle Emlyn.

The sides are next in action on Saturday, January 29, when Llangennech host third placed Felinfoel while Gowerton travel to Aberystwyth.

Continue Reading